A place of remarkable beauty, this exceptional country estate offers 68.3 pastoral acres highlighted by sweeping vistas of the gently rolling countryside. The grand 1832 residence is surrounded by mature natural fern gardens with meandering stone walks, a variety of specimen trees and a demi-lune Italian stone grotto with a round fountain built into the rear wall. The Federal/Greek Revival residence was designed and built by Tristram Coffin, a noted New England architect, whose works are found throughout New England. For many years, the estate was home to Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Maclay who substantially expanded the residence between 1912 and 1915. The grandeur of the landscaping, attributed to the horticultural talents of Mr. Maclay are well-noted nationally and found in the archives of the Smithsonian Institute of important American gardens. The present owners have done a thorough and sensitive renovation of the highest quality, adding the latest modern enhancement while maintaining its architectural integrity. Unequaled for its generous proportions and fine detailing, this home stands grandly as one of the Hudson Valley's most admired residences.